Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Haiti earthquake

I just caught part of a news story on CNN about the earthquake in Haiti. I expect this to be very bad, with many casualties and extensive damage to already weak and precarious infrastructure. Of all the setbacks this country did not need...

What do I pray for in this situation? I don't begin to know what to say. What can God do?

Be with the dying, let help come speedily to the wounded, comfort those who mourn. Keep the survivors safe. Clear obstacles from the path of those who are trying to bring aid. Touch the hearts of governments and individuals to give generously, and let the money be used wisely to accomplish the maximum good. Give hope to those who now have to rebuild. In Christ's name, amen.

I need to figure out how/where to make a productive donation.

************

She shall cover thee with her feathers,
and under her wings shalt thou trust.
(Psalm 91:4)

No comments: