Sunday, October 11, 2009

D&C 153-160

(About this reflection)

I read this week the revelations of Wallace B. Smith, great-grandson of Joseph Smith, Jr., and the last Smith descendent to lead the Reorganization. For my post this week, I simply want to excerpt passages where I felt the Spirit speaking to me.

************

Be of good cheer, O my people.
Neither be discouraged by uncertainties
nor disheartened by the seeming lack of understanding on the part of some
regarding the kingdom-building task.
If you will move out in faith and confidence
to proclaim my gospel,
my Spirit will empower you,
and there will be many who respond,
even in places and ways which do not now seem clear.
Support one another in love,
confident that my Spirit will be with you
even as I have gone before you and shown you the way.
(D&C 154:7)

Trust in my promises,
for they have been given for your assurance
and will bear you up in times of doubt. . . .
I am aware of your uncertainties,
but if you will call upon my name,
my Spirit will go before you into whatsoever place you are sent,
and I will continue to bless you as you have need.
(D&C 156:7-8)

The temple shall be dedicated to the pursuit of peace.
It shall be for reconciliation and for healing of the spirit. . . .
It shall be a place in which the essential meaning of the Restoration
as healing and redeeming agent
is given new life and understanding,
inspired by the life and witness of the Redeemer of the world . . . ,
an ensign to the world
of the breadth and depth of the devotion of the Saints.
(D&C 156:5-6)

As you go forth to witness of my love
and my concern for all persons,
you will know the joy which comes
from devoting yourselves completely
to the work of the kingdom.
(D&C 156:11)

I have heard your prayers when you have cried out to me,
and I have been with you in the places where you occupy.
I am aware of your desires to serve me,
and my assurance is that as you go forth,
your offerings of faith and service are acceptable to me.
In all your efforts, therefore,
continue to trust in my grace
and respond in love to the leadings of my Spirit.
(D&C 157:16-17)

Do nothing in haste,
but continue to trust in the enduring promises
of the One in whose name you have been given life.
Then, as you gain ever more confidence
in sensing the leadings of my Spirit,
you will begin to see with new eyes,
embrace the truths that are waiting for your understanding,
and move joyfully toward the fulfillment of the tasks
that are yours to accomplish.
(D&C 159:7-8)

2 comments:

tpjewelry said...

The large range of diamond thomas sabo jewellery often makes it very difficult for men to decide thomas sabo what type of thomas sabo ireland to purchase for their loved ones. Diamonds symbolize love, thomas sabo charms and thomas sabo bracelet , which makes it hard to choose the right piece of jewellry from the large variety of Diamond rings, Diamond earrings, Diamond thomas sabo pendants, Diamond thomas sabo necklaces, Diamond bracelets and of course Loose diamonds- which are always perfect since they can be set in any type of silver jewellery . We can’t choose the perfect diamond thomas jewellery for you but we can help you with 5 easy steps:Step 1- Knowing what she likes:Narrow down the type of sterling silver charms she likes to wear by observing the jewelry she wears in general, and on different occasions.The thomas jewellery she wears may vary.For example, her daytime jewelry may be different from the silver bracelets she wears when she goes out or to formal occasions.Knowing the color and size of the jewelry she wears:

Pastor Sue Palmer said...

I love the words in SEc 154. I was at the world conference in 1980 when this revelation was presented to the church. I have such a strong connection with the words of counsel in this passage. thanks for sharing!

Sue Palmer
The Open Door community of christ aus