Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bain Capital's final audit

Reblogged from The Mormon Worker:

Someday Mitt Romney and the rest of the leadership of Bain Capital will stand at the judgment bar of the great Jehovah, where the books will be opened for a final audit. According to the Gospel of Matthew, the interview will include an exchange something like this:

AUDITOR: You know, I worked for several years at one of the plants you shut down. I was left unemployed with a family to feed, while you made . . . let’s see, where’s that figure . . . ?

ROMNEY: Um, excuse me, I’m sorry . . . sir . . . I don’t understand. You’re saying you were an employee of one of our companies? There must be some mistake . . .

AUDITOR: Truly I tell you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these–

You know the rest.

Disclaimer: My audit will be grueling, too, for different reasons.

No comments: