Friday, January 25, 2008

Dedicatory prayer

Because I'm consecrating this blog for spiritual purposes, this first post is a dedicatory prayer.

************

God of light, Spirit of truth:

You have taught me to ponder the scriptures.
You have taught me to liken them to myself.
You have taught me to pray to know if what I read in them is true.
You have taught me to study things out in my mind.
You have taught me the value of keeping a journal.

You have promised that when I read the scriptures, I will hear your voice.
You have promised to speak to my mind and my heart.
You have promised to enlighten my understanding and enlarge my soul.
You have promised that by the power of the Holy Ghost, I may know the truth of all things.
You have promised to give me line on line, precept on precept.
You have promised to reason with me, as people reason with one another.
You have promised to direct me for good.

I dedicate this weblog as an online space for spiritual reflection.
I pray that the journaling I do here will be a channel for personal revelation.
I pray for a spirit of discernment, to distinguish truth from error.
I pray that as I engage with the scriptures, I will be led to productive insights.
I pray that through contact with your word, I will be transformed by your Spirit.
I offer these posts to others as a testimony of how you have worked and are working in my life.
I pray that, if it is your will, these posts might inspire others to engage with the scriptures of the Restoration.
I pray that you will give me, in the very hour, what to say.

In the name of Christ, I ask you to consecrate this performance to me, that it may be for the welfare of my soul and the welfare of those who may encounter it. Amen.

No comments: